Forest School is an inspirational process, that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in our outdoor environment.
Forest School is a specialised learning approach that sits within and complements the wider context of outdoor education.
At Forest School all children are viewed as:
- equal, unique and valuable
- competent to explore & discover
- entitled to experience appropriate risk and challenge
- entitled to choose, and to initiate and drive their own learning and development
- entitled to experience regular success
- entitled to develop positive relationships with themselves and other people
- entitled to develop a strong, positive relationship with their natural world
‘Forest School teaches me new life skills that I cannot learn in my classroom. It has helped me to become a team player and it is also lots of fun!