From laptops and ipads through to games consoles and mobile phones, children are able to access a wealth of resources online. We know that parents and carers are concerned about protecting their children when they are using the internet, both in school and at home. Below you will find information and advice on how to keep you your child safe online.
- Get Safe Online – advice and guidance about online safety
- Yahoo Safety Tips
- Google Good to Know– includes family safety
- Common Sense Media – American site which reviews websites, games etc with age suitability
- Parent Port – Site for parents to report inappropriate content (on and offline)
- NetLingo– common online acronyms and text speak e.g. LOL, POS
- Parents guide to new technology– Advice about smartphones, gaming devices, tablets and other internet-connected devices
- Parents guide to parental controls How to set up filters on your home internet to help prevent age inappropriate content being accessed on devices in your home.
- Staying safe online: parental controls on broadband PARENTAL control software promises to keep kids safe online, and it’s available free from all the major UK broadband providers.
- Ask About Games– advice on computer gaming and parental controls
- Pegi – information about games rating