We aim to foster in our children values and attitudes which will serve them well throughout their whole lives.
Within this section you will find our aims and these reflect the ethos created by all staff and children at Hendal.
HENDAL PRIMARY SCHOOL AIMS
- To be an inclusive school and to put into place the practice in all aspects of our work that ensures that all learners are given equality of opportunity and treated fairly.
- To promote and achieve high standards for all by providing teaching and learning of the highest quality.
- To treat learners as individuals and to differentiated teaching and learning to take account of their individual needs.
- To provide well for learners’ physical, mental, social, spiritual, moral and cultural needs.
- To provide well for learners’ care, health and safety.
- To ensure that all learners benefit from a rich, broad, balanced curriculum presented in an interesting, exciting and imaginative manner with lots of opportunities for first-hand experience, practical work, investigation and learning through play.
- To teach basic skills and core subjects well and to give great emphasis to the foundation subjects and RE especially to the creative aspects including art, poetry, story, dance, music, performance. These will be central to our work.
- To make connections between subjects and to apply basic skills across the curriculum.
- To enliven and enrich the curriculum by visits, visitors, and extensive use of the environment.
- To give responsibility to learners and develop their self-confidence by contributing to the community
- To make parents and the wider community equal partners with the school and to involve them in the evaluation of its success
- To build an ethos marked by a welcoming, friendly, bright and happy place where learners feel secure.
- To be a school where good behaviour is expected and where learners enjoy growing up.
- To make this school a place of enjoyment where success is encouraged, rewarded and celebrated.