Early Years at Hendal Primary consists of Nursery and Recpetion in a bright, well resourced unit. All our children are safe and secure inside and in the outside area.
The Early Years Foundation Stage Currirulum (EYFS) is made up of 7 areas of learning.
3 Primary areas of learning:
- Personal, social and emotional development (PSED)
- Communication and Language (C&L)
- Physical development (PD)
4 specific areas of learning:
- Literacy (Reading and Writng)
- Mathematics (Number and Space, shape and measures)
- Understanding the world (UTW)
- Creative development (CD)
We try to encourage independence in a safe, caring and well-planned environment both in and out of doors.
The Foundation Stage provision at Hendal Primary was seen to be a strength of the school during our last OFSTED inspection.
For more information please see our Foundation Stage Prospectus below.
Foundation Stage Prospectus
Parents Guide to Early Years Foundation Stage Framework